Is this course for you?
- Do you love making or designing things but you’re running out of people to give them to?
- Do you have family and friends asking to buy the things you make?
- Do random people stop you in the street and ask you where you got your… necklace, handbag, dress, kids clothes?
- Do you want to earn an income from your hobby?
- Do you have an idea and wonder if it could be commercialised?
- Do you have lots of questions and would like to run them by someone?
If you answered YES, to any of these questions, this course is designed for you.
This is an informative and practical course aimed at preparing you for turning your hobby into a creative small business and taking it to market. It is aimed at small business startups. Perth Upmarket founder and creative director shares all her tips and secrets to successfully taking your hobby to market.
In the course you will learn the 6 key steps to taking your hobby to market.
You will learn:
- The 6 key things to get right when taking your hobby to market
- How people can easily price their products incorrectly and what to do about it
- Why market research is so important for your success
- 7 surefire strategies to market your products on a shoestring budget
- Learn the 10 essential tips for all small business startups
- What you can do to prepare your business for sales well past market days.
As part of this course you will get lifetime access into our private Facebook group which is moderated by Justine. Here you will share your activity answers, bounce ideas off other creatives and you can ask questions to all those questions you have. You have full access to all parts of the course for 90 days and you can also download the 50+ page learner guide to keep.
This course is a online course with videos, activities and private Facebook group. All participants will work through the course at the same time so that the discussion in the Facebook group is relevant and timely. The course is made up of 8 modules and completed over a 3 week period, although you have full access to the course for 90 days. We drip feed the content to you to allow you enough time to complete the activities and consolidate your learning.
Perth Upmarket brings together over 150 of Perth’s talented artists, designers, stylists, craftspeople and gourmets all under one roof. The product mix is diverse ranging from handmade clothing, cupcakes, wall art, cards, homewares, jewellery to skin care products. The market allows Perth shoppers who appreciate the handmade to connect with the talented creators.
Justine loves markets and is passionate about helping creative small businesses to be successful. Not just in selling at markets, but in building a profitable and sustainable business. Justine spend over 15 years in corporate Learning and Development roles and she has developed, Perth Upmarket Growth Quarters as an extension of the Perth Upmarket brand to help not only Perth Upmarket retailers, but all creative small businesses suceed.